Saturday, September 19, 2009

Quick Update for my "FanBase"

Tee hee -- like my fanbase is soooooo huge.
But I do know that they need to know what happened with my mattress saga.
I slept like a baby and got up this morning without being all hunched over and stiff -- what a treat!
I'm reluctant to say that I have no pain though.
Because people get the wrong idea when I make that statement.
You see, "I have no pain" is a relative statement for a fibromyalgia sufferer.
And when I say that I have no pain, I am making the statement relative to the degree of pain I used to have (or the amount of pain I am in today vs yesterday; or even this hour vs last hour).
"No pain" for me now is just a naggy little reminder that I shouldn't make certain movements (if I ignore the message, I will be in more than naggy little pain).
But let me say, for the record, that I have no pain.
I realize that my level of pain relief is due to the fact that I take Cesamet and Lyrica.  But I was taking both of those medications two days ago, and I had pain then -- because I was not sleeping well.
I slept well last night.
My pain level is lower this morning.
A good night's sleep obviously makes a difference (which I know is not a new discovery).
In Other News:
My boys really blew the game last night -- lost 11-4 to Tampa Bay.
Oh well, the season is a definite goner for them anyway.
They are now 15 games under .500 -- with only 15 games left in the season.

In Other Other News:
On Thursday night, another friend lost her battle with cancer.  We had lost contact over the years, unfortunately only seeing each other at family funerals.  For that I am sorry because we were pretty tight in elementary school and through our teen years.
Rest in Peace Marylou -- your laughter can now be shared and enjoyed up above.

No comments: