Wednesday, September 23, 2009

About that Chi Machine

I can't tell you anything about it.
Why?
Because according to the website, Chi Machine Canada is situated at 900 Greenbank Road, Suite 366, Nepean, ON -- but that address doesn't exist.
That's right.  There is no Suite 366 at 900 Greenbank Road in Nepean, ON.
I tried calling from the parking lot when I couldn't find a Suite 366, but all I got was an answering service telling me they were too busy to take my call.
We visited one of the offices in the mall and asked about Chi Machine Canada.
"Never heard of it," was the response we got.
According to the Canada Post clerk, that address sounds like a rented mail box through the UPS Store which is located in that mall.  (We did not confirm with UPS that Suite 366 is in fact rented from them by Chi Machine Canada, expecting that they would have refused to answer our questions.  We decided to go for lunch instead.)
The Chi Machine may in fact offer all sorts of therapeutic benefits,  but I cannot attest to it.  If they don't have a "storefront" that enables me to actually see a unit before springing for one, I become immediately suspect.
My physiotherapist was all excited when I told her that I was going to check out the Chi Machine.  I had brought some printed material for her about the unit and we discussed its potential benefit at length.  If there is something out there that is worthy of being used in her clinic, she is very interested in being able to offer new modalities to her clients.  She will be very disappointed when I report to her that I have nothing to report.
Anyway, my girlfriend and I had a lovely lunch, so my trip to Barrhaven was not lost. 
Plus, a few of my naggy problems have been resolved.
John's pants for the Halifax wedding are being hemmed (by a very competent seamstress too).
The question of what I will wear for the wedding is just about resolved (I even managed to borrow a pair of shoes for the event).
I'll be seeing this friend again on Saturday (to pick up John's hemmed pants) and we'll complete my wedding outfit consultation then.
All in all, it turned out to be a beneficial afternoon, even if we weren't able to find out anything about the Chi Machine.

No comments: