Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 3 of Doing Nothing

I'm not doing a very good job of doing nothing.
Started out with good intentions.
I had to go and bottle wine this morning.
And since I left the house, I also stopped at the gas station, the ATM, the grocery store, and the pharmacy.  All errands that needed to be done, you realize.  But my cargo area was jammed with boxes of wine and flats of bottled water.  The back seat held the 18L bottle of distilled water.
Once I got home, I had to put all the stuff away!
But you see the photo in this morning's post showing the walk that I had to take to put the garbage out?
Well, that's John's truck in front of my car, and it just happens to be parked right in front of the door.
So I had to move John's truck so I could back up to the door to allow me to unload the car.  It took eight trips to empty the car.
Then I jockeyed the vehicles back into their rightful places.
Once back in the house and after I had a chance to catch my breath, I binned the wine (don't tell John I moved those full boxes of wine around).
When I went to go rustle up some food for lunch, I got distracted by certain items on the kitchen counter that needed to be cleaned.  So I started cleaning.
Oops.  That violates my "do nothing" policy.
Then I realized what I could have scheduled for this year's "alone time."
Having cleaned the pantry last year, I could have tackled the kitchen drawers and cupboards this year.
Oh well.  Too bad.  So sad.
Kitchen drawers and cupboards will just have to wait another two years (it's the pantry's turn next year).
So on this, day 4 of my alone time, I realize that by the time John gets back, he may not recognize me.
Remember, Cesamet has caused me to lose my appetite so I eat very little, which is causing weight loss (love that for now).
This week, with John away, I've been a lot more "active" than I would normally be.
  • I walk to the end of our laneway to get the newspapers every morning.
  • I have to get up from the bed and/or couch to provide my own coffee refill service while I'm reading my newspapers in the morning.
  • I walk to the end of our laneway to get the mail every afternoon (yes, that's another of John's daily jaunts)
  • I have to empty both dehumidifiers every day (those buckets are heavy OK?) -- we have two dehumidifiers and John and I each take responsibility for one.
Bottom line is, I'm building muscle; conditioning; toning; just all-round doing good stuff along with that weight loss.
So, perhaps, by the time my husband returns from his six day hunting trip, he won't recognize his wife.
She'll be half the woman he left behind!

No comments: