Thursday, September 24, 2009

Now For Day 3 of Doing Nothing

Had another fairly good night.
I went to bed at about 11:00pm last night -- woke only once for that damned pee break -- and got up at 6:00am.
So that counts as a not bad night for me.
Again, it's too early to take my meds for today so there is a little more pain right now than there will be later this morning once the meds have a chance to do their thing.
Today's agenda is very light.
I'm going to bottle wine this morning (bottling wine is a necessity -- I'm down to my last five bottles) and other than that I have absolutely nothing on my agenda!
So perhaps I'll actually manage to do nothing today.  Fortunately, it's season premiere week on television so I have lots of canned television to watch while I do nothing. 
John finally managed to connect with me last night.
It's the first I've talked with him since he left.  He had called on Day 1, but I was on the phone.  Then he called yesterday morning -- while I was at physio.  I guess he forgot that on Wednesdays, his wife goes to physio.  Or perhaps he didn't realize it was Wednesday -- he is, after all, on holiday.
Anyway, they are having a fabulous time. 
He was telling me their plans for the rest of the week and he asked, "Is it Sunday that we're going home?"
"Yes,"  I said, "At least that's when I'll be at the airport to pick you up."
"OK," he said, "I guess that's when we should be there too then."
Perhaps a longer trip is in the cards for next year?
But do I miss him yet?
You bet I do!
Especially this morning!
It's garbage day ...
So not only do I have to walk down that very long laneway to get my newspapers, but this morning I have to take the garbage out too!

Alone time has some very high costs!

No comments: