Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 1 of Alone Time

Well, this will be day 1 of my alone time.
My schedule for today?
4:40am - depart home for airport
5:30am - deposit John and bird dog at airport (yes, I will give both John(s) -- he is going with his son -- a big kiss and hug good-bye and wish them all a bon voyage etc etc)
6:00am - arrive at favourite sister's home (someone has to accept me at that time of the morning, and what else are best friends for?)
7:00am - meet others at nearby restaurant for breakfast
8:30am - deliver favourite sister to her workplace (some people do still have to work for a living, poor souls);  then fill in time and until
10:00am - arrive at Ottawa funeral parlour to pay respects and attend service for childhood friend who lost her battle with cancer last Thursday (John & I were just at the same funeral parlour on Saturday bidding farewell to another good friend who lost her battle a week ago)
1:00pm (or thereabouts) - stop at Hazeldean Mall to pick up item that was purchased last week
2:30pm (or thereabouts) - arrive home and veg
Yes, veg -- as in do nothing.  OK, I'll sit and read the newspapers, finally.
Actually, I will probably fall asleep, having been up since 4:00am to get out of the house before 5:00am.
And of course, I'll be on my own for meals.  So I'll have to find somthing to eat.  That's always a good idea, I guess.  I'll have to remember to do that, with John gone and all.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm, hadn't thought of that wrinkle.  Whoever is going to cook my dinner for me while he's gone?????????????????

No comments: