Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Let's Start Day 2 of "Doing Nothing"

Well, I slept all night last night.
At least I didn't "get up" 'til 6:00am this morning.
But I had awakened twice during the night -- both times for pee breaks!
That is so annoying.  Sometimes, I swear my bladder is the size of a thimble!
Regardless, I do feel rested this morning, although my hips and legs were quite sore before I took my morning meds.
It's interesting you know.  It seems like my body has come to "look" for its shot of Cesamet to start each day.
With John not being here, I have to go get the newspapers from the paperbox at the end of our laneway.
Our laneway is quite long. To most people, it is not really all that long. But for my legs, which have difficulty walking even short distances, it is really, really, long.
Anyway, I've noticed on past occasions when I've gone to get the papers (sometimes even when John is here I do go get them!) that I can make the walk to the paperbox, but the walk back to the house is what does me in.  Usually, by the time I'm making my way back to the house from the paperbox, I am dragging my right leg, and using every ounce of energy I have to get back to the house.  That is pathetic!
The story of going to get the newspapers is informative because of the timeline of its activity relative to my taking my medications.
You see, I can't see in the dark so I don't go to get the newspapers until it is light enough outside for me to do so (this morning, that was about 6:30am).
I try to take my medications at around the same time each day, and I try to space my medications as close to twelve hours apart as I can (my morning meds are usually taken at around 8:00am).
This morning, when I came back with the newspapers, I was in such agony from having made that trek that I sat and iced my groin while I read one paper with my first cup of coffee.  But when I got up for the first refill, I decided to take my morning meds in spite of its being a full hour earlier than I normally take them.
Once the Cesamet kicked in, my pain level was significantly lowered.
That tells me that my body has come to expect its Cesamet hit each before it will "co-operate" willingly at the start of the day.
I have to go into Ottawa for a physiotherapy session this morning (and man do I need one!).
Then I'm going out to Barrhaven to meet a friend for lunch.  But first, we're going to check out Chi Machine Canada, which just happens to be headquartered in that neighbourhood. My niece had mentioned to me that she had really enjoyed the Chi Machine she had tried at a spa.  Apparently, sessions on these units provide wonderful therapy for fibromyalgia sufferers. I checked it out on the net, and if one were to believe its claims, we only need put one of these suckers in every home in the nation to solve all our health care woes! So we're going to visit the headquarters and find out what we can about the Chi Machine.
Then we'll do lunch which will take us forever because we have lots to talk about.
Once I get home -- which could be as late as 5:00pm -- you can be sure I won't be up to "doing" anything.
So I should meet my goal of doing nothing for today!

No comments: