Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Long Horrid Night ...

Well, was I paying the price for too much "cleaning up?"
Although I have had worse, last night was absolutely horrid!
I need to go into Ottawa for a very long day today, so I could have used a good night's sleep. Guess that wasn't in the cards for me.
From what I can tell, while Cesamet is doing its thing during the day, it just doesn't seem to be quite enough during the night?
Or do I again need to ramp up the extra hip padding on my mattress? (I'll be touching the ceiling soon!)
My hips are not able to withstand the pressure of laying on my side; I can usually manage about an hour on my left, but not more than 30 minutes on my right.
And I cannot physically switch sides without fully waking up to do so -- if I'm awake, my brain goes into its constant mental churning, which takes a while to turn off, so it takes time to get back to sleep.
So I lose a significant amount of sleep time during the night just because I have to turn over.
And then there's those darned pee breaks ...
Anyway, here I am, 6:00am and very tired.
But I'm not stiff and sore.
Which proves my point that IF I have a good night's sleep (read, I don't wake up, which means I have stayed put, without switching sides) I wake up stiff and sore and I have very sore hips from having laid on one side or the other all night. (I still haven't figured out how laying on my left hip can cause such severe pain in my right hip, and vice versa; but it happens.)
So my options are?
Be rested, but be stiff, sore and have sore hips.
Be tired, but be limber, and only a bit sore.
So, you can't win for trying.
We're going into Ottawa today for appointments (hearing aid follow-ups; physiotherapist) and we'll have lunch between them. Then we have a few errands to run before we can come home. So it's going to be a very long day.
I will be taking the extra Cesamet capsule today (my "out-and-about-dose") -- wish me luck!
In Other News:
My boys actually pulled off a win in last night's game!
Just 24 to go -- keep up the good work, boys!

No comments: