Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fowler's Slow Saturday Standard

We have a routine in this household.
Every morning, John walks to the end of the laneway to retrieve our newspapers.
Part of my "therapy" if you will is to start my days slowly. So, unless I have to go into Ottawa, when I wake up, I make my coffee, grab the newspapers and return to bed with a full coffee cup to read said newspapers. What's the point of being retired if not to proceed through life as one wishes?
Only once I am through reading both the Ottawa Citizen and the National Post do I get up and make breakfast. I also have to do both the Jumble and the Sudoku puzzles in the papers each day -- it's like an addiction! John usually provides coffee refill service for me while he patiently waits for breakfast.
As you know, Saturday papers are rather voluminous -- they take verrrrrrrrrry long to read. That means it is often near noon before Saturday breakfast is served in this household. But oh what a delectable feast it is when it finally reaches the table.
Six days a week, our breakfast consists of a bowl of cereal, with toast or bagel; or muffins. Only on Saturdays does John get a breakfast of poached egg on english muffin with hollandaise sauce, bacon, blood pudding, home fries, and asparagus (usually it is fried tomatoes but today he had to "settle" for asparagus). (You'll have to forgive the lousy photographs -- I've never been able to take a photo to save my soul!)
Today, it was actually 12:40 pm before breakfast was put on the table.
Good things are worth waiting for, aren't they?
In Other News:
Using the acupen on my hips before going to bed seems to be having a cumulative benefit -- I did not wake at all last night. So obviously, I do have to get in the habit of using the acupen every night.
In Other Other News:
My boys won their game last night. The bullpen tried hard to throw away the 6-1 lead they had in the 7th inning but they managed to hang on and won 6-4 in spite of themselves.
They're 13 games under .500 now -- with only 21 games left to play!!!!!

No comments: