Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Three More Sleeps ...

... until the Back2Back Reunion weekend in Toronto.
I'm taking it easy today - resting up after a couple of busy days and before a few very hectic days.
Today, I have an appointment with a "back-up" massage therapist. Did I tell you the story of how my regular massage therapist took herself out of commission? She surprised her Mom with a visit for Mothers' Day, and while helping to clean up around the outside, she fell off the sidewalk and broke her ankle. So she's been unable to work for a while -- but that wasn't immediately known.
So I kept waiting ...
And hoping ...
And waiting ...
And three weeks turned into five ...
And five weeks turned into two months ...
And two months has been extended ...
So now, because my physiotherapist is also away this week ...
I had to take drastic measures and break down and find a back-up massage therapist.
The replacement massage therapist happens to be my regular massage therapist's massage therapist (doesn't everyone need one?) Except I can't find the office.
I have the address.
I plugged it into my GPS and tried a trial run on Sunday since I was in Carleton Place anyway.
I went right there.
My GPS took me into the parking lot of a Price Chopper store. There was a small Home Hardware store on the other side of the parking lot. My invalid massage therapist has told me that her massage therapist is "right behind the Price Chopper" -- so I know I was in the right vicinity.
Call me stupid, but I couldn't find anything that looked even remotely like the "Optimal Health and Wellness Centre" that is pictured on their website ... www.optimalhealthccc.ca/gallery.htm
The location that my GPS took me to ... matches exactly the description of where my massage therapist told me this place is.
So where the heck is it? I could really use a massage but the stress of trying to find the place might undo any benefit the visit might otherwise provide!

No comments: