Thursday, August 27, 2009

The leak is fixed ...

No more water except where water should be.
And that's a good thing.
As to the status of my "clean and ordered" home?
  • Before I can restore the "vestibule" of my home for lack of a better term to describe the entrance to my home) to its normal state of disrepair, I first have to return the contents of the storage area to their rightful place.
  • Before I can return the contents of the storage area to their rightful place, we have decided to put in additional shelving back there.
  • New project; new supplies needed; new delay.
  • So, the vestibule of my home will remain extra cluttered for just a little while longer, one might say.
  • And that's NOT such a good thing.
As to the bathroom itself?
  • The leak is fixed, as is evidenced by the absence of water except where water should be.
  • So the tiles can be replaced and regrouted yada yada yada.
  • And the the bathtub could also be recaulked.
  • And then that wait could begin to let it all dry sufficiently yada yada yada.
  • Except the old tiles have been soaking to remove the old drywall ...
  • And the old drywall just won't come off.
  • More delay ...
  • But at least in the interim, we can shower by taping a garbage bag over the gaping hole ...
  • And that IS a good thing.
Our current schedule is such that we won't be home Saturday; John is never home on Sundays (at least almost never); I am in Ottawa on Monday next week; we are not home on Tuesday next week; John is not usually home on Wednesday afternoons. So that takes us to Thursday of next week before progress MIGHT be made on any of these fronts.
One saving gracing in this mix was a call last night from our cleaning lady asking if her normally scheduled visit for next Wednesday could be delayed to next Saturday. Perfect! She would just be climbing over stuff if she comes on Wednesday anyway. There's a chance something might be moved by Saturday if we put the push on around here.
Might I point out that, in the midst of these now-necessary projects that must be done ASAP (Keep in mind that it is September as of Tuesday next week):
  • We are in Ottawa on September 9th and 14th for appointments.
  • John leaves for a hunting holiday on September 21st (my coveted "time alone").
  • He returns from said holiday on September 27th.
  • On October 1st, we leave for Halifax, returning on the 6th (We're going to a wedding and I still haven't figured out what I'm wearing!)
  • October is bird hunting month.
  • November is deer hunting.
  • We all know what December is.

My, my, my. I can see it all now.

Isn't it funny how solutions to potential problems can just jump out at you when you lay them out a certain way?

There it is. Staring me in the face.
Whatever isn't completed prior to September 21st when John leaves for his hunting holiday will all be done by the time he arrives home on September 27th.
So, so, simple.
My fingers know how to do the walking.
And THAT's a good thing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your solution Bonnie. Never stand in the way of a woman who wants something done!

see you soon.