Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Oh the joys ...

I love this life, don't you?
It's such a joy to have to constantly be confronted with challenges to overcome.
You know what I would like?
For just one week, maybe?
Nothing.
Sweet nothing ...
Nada.
No challenges.
Please.
I'm tired.
I can't take on anymore.
The plumbers have arrived to assess the situation.
They had to take out some tiles behind the plumbing in the bathtub.
Voila! Cracked cold water pipe right there!
So now they are drilling and cutting and trying to figure out how they are going to replace 20 year old pipes without doing too much more damage.
Then of course, the tiles will have to be replaced and regrouted.
And I remember when we renovated the bathroom and put in that bathtub (my glorious jet massage tub!) I had to wait 24 hours or some such thing for the grouting to dry before I could you use the tub (and that's AFTER the grouting finally gets done.)
Sure is a good thing I showered and washed my hair and got beautiful this morning before all this business started cuz it might be awhile before I can have a shower in my home again!
In the meantime, the contents of the storage area that had been moved to the laundry room ... have now been moved to the hallway.
So the entrance to this house looks like a cyclone hit it.
Oh dear ....
I need calm, cleanliness, and order in my life, really I do.
I think I'm running away for a while ...
But, the silver lining of this one?
Now, John will HAVE to get round to recaulking that bathtub. That's been on the "honey do" list for quite some time.
In Other News:
My boys lost the game again last night -- was almost like Doc threw it away. With the Jays sitting 20+ games out of contention for the post season, he may as well save his arm for a team that might be interested in his ability. Last night may have been a demonstration of just how much control he has!

No comments: