Saturday, August 29, 2009

Birthday Update

We had a birthday party for my little chickadee today.
Went to Montana's Restaurant -- we've been there in the past and been pleased with it but I sure wouldn't rush back there again. The service was excellent but the food was not very impressive.
That doesn't matter though.
Because we had a good time.
We arrived at the restaurant at about 1:10pm (OK, we were a tad late picking up the birthday girl).
My daughter and I have had a "birthday ritual," if you will, from the time she was a very young child. Every year, on August 29th, I would ask her, "Do you know what I was doing on this date xx years ago?" The answer, of course, was, "Having a baby -- me!" Then I would grab her and hug her and tell her how much I love her.
As she progressed through the years, the giggles became smiles and the smiles became grimaces and the grimaces became groans and the groans became ... well, you get the idea.

The photo above was taken as near to 1:16pm as we could manage. My beautiful boy is trying to get away from me, probably because he thinks the game is silly. I was asking him, "Do you know what I was doing 34 years ago today?" And of course, he knew the answer because, he tells me, his mom asks him the same question every year on HIS birthday. Imagine that!

I wonder where she ever got that from?

No comments: