Thursday, August 20, 2009

Exciting News on this Front!

Hey, I forgot to mention ....
I guess in my disappointment with the Blue Jays' game last night, I kind of forgot that the thrust of this blog is my fibro life.
So I really should report on that.
And today, I woke without pain! Yippeeeee!!!!
Yesterday was not a good day. I was in lots of pain and dragging my legs around took a lot out of me. So if I stopped, I fell asleep.
John had left at about 6:45pm to go to a rabble-rousing meeting that I really wish I could have attended, but I just wasn't up to it. But while I was watching the ball game, I fell fast asleep. I woke at about 8:20pm and looked at my watch. I figured that it was Thursday morning and that I had come out at some point during the night (when I have lots of pain, I often end up on the couch so that I stay on my back) and that John had not yet got up for the day. The TV was in commercial so I didn't have the ballgame to help orient me. It took me way too long to figure out that it was still Wednesday night, and not Thursday morning. It was weird!
John and I had a good chuckle when he got home and I told him how disoriented I had been an hour earlier. I did then manage to stay awake to the end of the game.
When I woke at 3:00am this morning, I was truly concerned. I haven't wakened during the night for quite some time.
I've had several days of increased pain, and now I'm going to start waking up during the night again? And both times I "napped" yesterday, when I woke I was in what I call my "rigor mortis" state -- another very painful phenomena I've not experienced in quite some time. Yikes!
But lo and behold, I guess that was just a fluke or something not worth worrying about yet.
Because when I woke for the day today, I have no pain!
Yup.
I'm back to the way it's supposed to be wherein Cesamet gains a supremely successful rating.
So fibro flare-up or my-body-trying-to-become-dependent-on-a-higher-dose-of-Cesamet or whatever was going on for the past several days -- bye bye.
Watch out. Bonnie's back!
In Other News:
The other day (while I was still in the midst of my fibro fog or whatever was going on) Celine Dion announced that she is pregnant again -- congratulations to the family!
BUT ... May 2010 is nine months away.
Did they just make the baby the day before yesterday?
I realize she is not "getting pregnant the traditional way" but should one not confirm success of implantation?
Used to be a person would wait 'til at least the end of the first trimester before announcing the impending addition to a family.
My how times have changed ... Maybe Celine's way of doing it is the way to go; you find out right now that you're pregnant and that it's a successful one? Nah, no way! It'll never catch on!

No comments: