Saturday, August 8, 2009

Didn't Get It!

Well, I still don't have Joe's autograph on my jersey. But it's not for lack of trying.
Bob took it with him last night -- turns out he had bought a $9.00 ticket to the 500 level seats just so he could try to get Joe's autograph for me -- isn't he a sweetheart of the highest order?
The original plan was for him to take our vintage Jays hat and have Joe sign that for me -- but once John bought me the jersey -- it was a no-brainer that it would have to be the jersey that he would take! But alas -- it was not to be. He said there were thousands of people lined up (and he was nowhere near the front of the line) -- with a mere 45 -minute window for everyone to get their signatures, he didn't stand a chance. But it was beyond noble of him to attempt it!
Anyway, off we went to today's game and it was one heck of an exciting game!
Before we went inside at Gate 12, we had to pass the table where Ed Sprague, David Cone, Tom Henke, and Dave Stewart were signing autographs. The line-up was incredible!

By the second inning of the game, the couple sitting immediately to the left of Bob had become engaged to be married and our entire section was joining in the celebration. The gentleman sitting behind them even bought the happy couple drinks with which to properly mark the occasion.
Brett Cecil pitched a marvelous game until he was injured and had to leave the game. Then Brian Tallett came in and was masterful for another five innings. We went into extra innings and won the game in dramatic fashion with a walk-off double that scored the winning run.
The place erupted! The man sitting in front of us jumped up; I jumped up; he turned around; we high-fived. It was fantastic! We had quite a little family-like gathering going on in our little corner of the world.
So I guess John and Bob were right. The boys were waiting 'til I got here so they could see me wearing my jersey! Yeh, that's it!
But the absolute best piece of news I have to report is: I have just spent a day walking a great distance, and sitting a very long time, and I'm happy to report that, while I am tired, I have no pain! Those pain meds are some good stuff!

No comments: