Monday, August 17, 2009

Another setback?

Or just a little hiccup perhaps.
Got up this morning after what can only be described as a truly restful sleep.
Started moving about as one does to start one's day.
Oooooooh not a good idea.
Right hip doesn't like that.
Nope, have to go real easy today.
Then my stomach decides it wants to do flip-flops.
What the heck is going on?
Only thing I can figure is sitting out in that heat all afternoon yesterday (yes, I accompanied John to the BBQ in Arnprior) was just too much for my constitution.
When I was a child, much younger than I am now, family camping trips and picnics were always ruined because Bonnie got sick. Bonnie always got heat stroke. Bonnie couldn't be in the sun. Bonnie couldn't be in the heat. Bonnie just couldn't ...
I guess Bonnie still can't ...
So I cancelled my physio appointment -- there was no way I could face that commute into Ottawa today.
That makes today an R&R day by default.
And that's OK -- it's good for the soul.
In Other News:
The BBQ in Arnprior yesterday proved a perfect setting to try out my new ears. And they worked like a charm! Just like they're supposed to! Filtered out the background noise and as long as I was positioned in front of the people who were talking, I could hear them just fine. Next test: noisy restaurant!

No comments: