Friday, August 7, 2009

Finally - Departure Day!

We made it!
We didn't sleep in; we found a great restaurant that served a fabulous breakfast on the way to the train station. The train left on time and arrived in Toronto within five minutes of our scheduled ETA -- not a bad start to the day.
And I am some impressed with these new meds let me tell you. An hour's car drive to the train station, followed by a four hour train ride. It wasn't until the final hour of the trip that my leg started to bother me. That is some good stuff!
Now, here we are, in Toronto, I've rested for an hour and I have no pain! I am quite ready to enjoy the Back2Back Reunion weekend. And I gotta find Joe Carter so he can sign my jersey!
Obviously that's not going to happen today since we only got here at 1:00pm and we came directly to Bob's place and got caught up on news and yada yada yada. Now Bob has abandoned us for the evening -- seems his son got him tickets for some soccer superstar event that is happening here tonight (Ronaldo who?)
Joe Carter is signing autographs in Section 513 prior to tonight's game but we're not going. We'll watch tonight's game from here -- Bob has left us one of his fabulous home-made pizzas to have for dinner since we're on our own. There's wine and beer and whiskey -- all the amenities of home. He even baked and put up an assortment of pies for us to choose from for dessert -- that Bob is such a forward-thinking host. So we are here, without transportation, for the rest of the evening (well, OK, we could jump in a cab and compulsively attend tonight's game but I'm too cheap for that).
Tomorrow, Joe is apparently signing autographs at noon at the Dufferin Mall, which is more than a few blocks away from the Rogers Centre. The game starts at 1:00pm so I'm not too sure how that would work! And love Joe as I do, I just cannot imagine showing up at the Dufferin Mall at 6:00am to get in the line-up that I'm sure is going to be there waiting for his scheduled noon arrival! The players were supposed to be holding a signing spree prior to the game ON THE GROUNDS. Guess Joe isn't part of that melee. I had already figured I didn't want to be caught up in that zoo so I guess there's no point in changing my mind on that score if Joe won't even be there!
Anyway, it's already been a long day and we're still a couple of hours away from first pitch on tonight's game. Sure hope my boys can pull a win out tonight!

No comments: