Friday, August 28, 2009

Another "not so great" day

Woke up tired this morning.
I don't like waking up tired.
I prefer to wake up ready to face the day -- the way I've become accustomed to waking since I started taking Cesamet. The way I used to wake up "in my youth."
You know -- "up and at 'em Adam Ant."
That's the me that I used to be and that's the me that Cesamet was returning me to.
But not today, unfortunately.
Today would appear to be a "fibro" day.
Not quite a fibro flare-up per se, but certainly a fibromysomething.
So I will have to take another R&R day today in spite of having had a good one yesterday.
And I had such big plans for today.
Gonna have go real slow, and pace myself.
  • Have already emptied the dishwasher; that nearly used up all the energy I had.
  • Finally called John up for breakfast (completely forgot; I thought we'd HAD breakfast). Poor baby could barely make it up the stairs for weakness by the time I got 'round tuit!
  • We need to start working on that back storage area.
  • Was going to go to the grocery store; guess it can wait another day.
  • Have a load of laundry that just has to be done; surely I can manage that much.
  • All I really want to do is go back to bed.

I know absolutely that I can manage that last one. I'll grab a book, curl up, and with any luck, I'll be asleep before I get to chapter two.

In Other News:
Jaycee Lee Dugard has been returned to her mother after being kidnapped in 1991. She had been successfully hidden away in a suburban backyard for 18 years! While in captivity, her kidnapper impregnated her and she had two daugthters, the first when she was only 14 years old. Those children were also hidden in the backyard. What kind of suburban neighbourhood never heard a baby cry, never heard a child have a tantrum, never heard children playing, laughing, running, fighting, arguing? What kind of hell have those children lived? Imagine the adjustments that are ahead for that (child)mother and her two daughters. Godspeed to all of them!

No comments: