Friday, May 1, 2009

Will My Brain Ever Return?

You might recall my post earlier this week in which I mentioned that I came home dog-tired from a day in the city and "forgot" to make an on-line financial transaction which ended up costing me a fee. And that rotted my socks big time!
The deal is, as long as I keep a minimum balance in my account every day of the month, the service charge is waived. I go to great lengths to ensure that I maintain that minimum balance each and every month because, well, I'm cheap. I don't want to pay that service charge. Well, because of that dog-tired day in April, my balance fell below the threshhold and I incurred the service charge for April. That was bad enough.
But the kicker is, today is the first day of May. And because I didn't think of it yesterday, I didn't transfer enough into my account to bring the balance over the threshhold. So, I've started the month with my balance below the minimum required and -- you guessed it, I will again be paying the service charge. Now that more than rots my socks -- that really pisses me off big time because I could have avoided this one. When I had a brain that worked properly, I never would have let something like this happen. I find it truly amazing how wide-spread the impact of fatigue and chronic pain can be on one's life.
Oh well, in August, I will officially become an "old fart" by my bank's definition and I will be entitled to free banking privileges; I won't ever have to worry about their service charges again. See, there IS a silver lining in every cloud, isn't there? Ha Ha

No comments: