Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Oh my aching head ....

So, it would appear that this new pain medication is showing promise ... except that I have a headache that just won't quit.
Now having suffered with migraines for over over 45 years, I am no stranger to a headache. But I haven't had even a hint of a headache since January of 2008. So I'm not exactly enjoying the return to headache-land. My pharmacist has indicated that since the headache was coincidental with the increase to the dosage of the pain med, we can accept that the headache is a direct result of the pain med. So he suggested that I take Tylenol to deal with the headache "until my brain gets used to the new medication." I will see what I can do to deal with this headache, if anything, and will monitor its progress. If it worsens as time goes on (ie with each day of continued use of the new pain med), obviously I won't be able to continue with the new stuff. If, as my pharmacist says, my brain adjusts to the new meds, the headache should lessen with each passing day. Then perhaps we will be on our way to "living like normal people" or something close to it.
Today, I woke feeling a little more alert than I have the past few days. The dizziness was much less severe than the other mornings and my hips felt almost pain free. I slapped on the TENs unit and did my 11 minutes on the exercise bicycle, after which there was no need to ice my groin today! So I must be making progress in that department.
John and I went into Ottawa for my physio appointment and to run a few errands; we stopped for lunch before coming home. My hips are still not screaming. So I guess the news meds are working because prior to taking this stuff, my hips would be yelling in agony by now.

No comments: