Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So I Like My New Car

I am enjoying my new car -- so I guess I made a good choice.
It is just smaller enough than my Pacifica to satisfy that flaw and it definitely takes care of the visibility issues that the Pacifica had. And a major plus that the new car has is the comfort of the driver's seat -- it is absolutely fabulous! I could never, no matter what I did, adjust the Pacifica seat to my satisfaction. While it was a very comfortable, easy vehicle to drive, the seat continued to be an issue. No more!
It will take me about a year to learn all the buttons (OK, I'm exaggerating just a little -- but it will be a while). For instance, I still don't know how to make a call to my home but I plan to figure that out today. Apparently, I can program all my important phone numbers into the system and, by voice activation, I can tell my car to phone anyone by giving commands. Of course, since I'm on "pay and talk" with my cell service, I'm not likely to be phoning people just for the sake of making a call, but the point is, the capability is there if I need to make a call.
The navigation system is quite different from the Garmin unit that I was using but I'm sure, like everything else, I will get used to it. It too is voice activated, so I can just tell it, by a series of specific commands, to take me to a specific address, or to look for a specific location (gas station, restaurant, shopping mall, etc). There are lots of settings I still need to learn and again, I plan to try to figure out more of it today. It too, can be programmed with my "favourite" addresses so I guess I have a fair bit of work to do.
And the back-up camera is really wonderful! Especially going out my long laneway -- really makes that easy.
So, once again, I'm sure my fanbase will understand the absence of posts -- I'll be busy for the next couple of days programming my new toys.

No comments: