Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Out of the Woods!

No nausea -- yippeeee!!
While enduring another day of serious nausea, combined with sweats, I continued to deny my body what it was demanding yesterday. I managed to get through the day on just Tylenol #3 and Gravol (which put me to sleep for most of the afternoon). On my way to bed I took another Gravol but I absolutely refused to give in and take one of those pain meds.
Woke up this morning in pain, but without the nausea so I THINK I'VE BEATEN IT!
I never thought I'd see the day when waking in pain would be a welcome feeling but believe me, that was my response when I came to this moring and realized that I felt "normal" -- at least what has come to be normal for me. It's been a long three days but I do believe I have come out of the woods on this one. And I can assure you, whatever the doctor suggests next, we will have a very long, serious discussion about all the ramifications of its use before I decide to proceed. Sometimes, the cure is worse than the curse and I just don't think some remedies are worth it.
Pain has become so much a part of who I am that perhaps I should just continue popping Tylenol #3 as needed and forget about trying to find more relief than that gives me.

No comments: