Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 3 on the Exercise Bicycle

It's only day three on the bike and already I've gotten off track -- I should have consulted the schedule before I started. I methodically got ready:
  1. took two Tylenol #3 to head off the pain I was about to subject myself to
  2. put on the TENs machine
  3. found a program to watch while cycling
  4. climbed up on the bike (that should qualify as an exercise in itself!)
  5. set the timer
  6. started biking
I was merrily cycling to God-knows-where when I started calculating how soon I would reach the 15-minute mark in this undertaking. "Since I'm doing nine minutes today," I thought; and there I stopped. How could I possibly take two weeks to get to 15 minutes if I'm already at nine minutes? This is only day three; it clearly didn't compute. Then I realized that I was only supposed to be doing seven minutes today. OOOOPS! I have no idea why I set the timer to nine minutes but by the time I did the mental workout, I had already exceeded the seven minutes so I continued cycling until the timer rang (which really wasn't too onerous). Again, when I finished, I iced my groin.
So, to make up for the error, I will repeat the nine minutes on my next scheduled bicycle day -- Monday. That will get me back on track with the program my physiotherapist laid out for me and she will get yet another giggle out of my goof-ups.

No comments: