Friday, May 22, 2009

So I Guess it's Working

Looks like my body has adjusted to the new meds. I woke this morning feeling not bad -- almost "normal" dare I say. Sonny & Cher were no longer serenading me. My hips weren't even all that bad. I had wakened during the night, just as I usually do, and I was aware of discomfort in my hips but not enough to keep me awake.

So I will give these new meds a cautious "pass" to this point. How can I be so optimistic? Well, today, without any additional pain medication, I:

  • did my 13 minutes on the exercise bicycle (I did use the TENs machine);
  • drove to Ottawa to accompany John for his hearing test;
  • drove back from Ottawa following the appointment;
  • stopped and picked up groceries;
  • accompanied John to a local pub for a dinner meeting;
  • accompanied John to the local "Art in the Attic" show.

And only at the point of walking from dinner to the Art show did my hips decide to object to the activity level. Normally, they would have been screaming in agony by the time I had made the trip half way into Ottawa. This is definitely progress. So I would say things are very promising.

No comments: