Sunday, May 3, 2009

OH OH Watch Out Now!

I went into Ottawa yesterday to have breakfast with a good friend. That in and of itself is not particularly newsworthy; I do that with some degree of regularity. It is what we did AFTER breakfast that makes the day worthy of discussion.
I encouraged my friend to accompany me to the local car dealer because I've been wanting to check out a particular vehicle that has intrigued me for some time now. You see, the car I drive now, which I absolutely love, has two fundamental flaws: it is too large and cumbersome (read, it is a pain in the ass to park!) and it has serious visibility issues which oftentimes can put the driver at risk. So, I wanted to check out this new car I've been hearing about which is smaller than what I'm driving but apparently meets most of my other criteria.
Well, off we went to meet the dealer and see what we could see (we were just going "to look.") The car passed my back seat test (my back seat passengers must be comfortable so there must be adequate legroom back there for me to sit comfortably). It had all sorts of bells and whistles, some of which interested me, others which were of no concern to me. It drove like a charm; almost like the car I have now, but without the bulk and without the visibility issues.
After much haggling, we ended up with a deal. Now we know that they made a deal they're happy with; and I know that I made a deal that I'm happy with. I may or may not have made the best deal that I could have made. There is no way I can assess that; but the deal is done. And I don't have to exhaust my savings to pay for it (which was another of my criteria).
The one thing I didn't get with this vehicle that I swore my next car would have is memory seats; it's not an option for this car. I'm simply not prepared to pay the exhorbitant amounts of money that are being asked for the models of vehicles that do offer memory seats as an option; they do get you coming and going.
What will I be driving now? Check back here on Wednesday, May 6th, and I'll have a photo and details to share with you.

No comments: