Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New Meds Update

I did my nine minutes on the exercise bicycle again yesterday and managed with little difficulty. Of course, I had the TENs machine on and I iced my groin again when I finished.
Having doubled up the new meds on Sunday night, I woke during that night a couple of times aware of having to change position. When I woke for the day and got up, I was quite dizzy and had to return to bed for about 90 minutes before things settled down enough to allow me to manoeuvre around the house safely.
Last night, I again woke a few times to change position and when I woke for the day, again I was dizzy when I got up. But this time, I was very dizzy and had to return to bed for a good two hours before I felt I had my legs safely under me. I'm not sure what to make of my pain level. My hips certainly don't feel sore the same way they usually do; but I'm not moving about the same way either. I'm moving rather gingerly because I don't feel "quite right" -- not sure how to describe what I'm feeling but it's weird, to be sure. Perhaps I'm high, or "stoned" as my daughter says. Not having much experience with the sensation, I can't say for sure but I guess I could be stoned. That's as good a description as any; I am certainly mellow.
I was assured by both my doctor and the pharmacist that "getting stoned" was not a side-effect of this new drug. Guess they hadn't counted on my body's ability to experience the most unusual of effects. In any event, I'm hoping that the effect dissipates as my body gets used to the drug and that the lack of hip pain continues as I increase my activity level.

No comments: