Monday, September 27, 2010

"Beat Dem Damn Yanks," I say

Yesterday was a busy day for us.
John had arrived at midnight the night before so we didn't get home until 1:30 in the morning and we managed to sleep until 8:00 am (woo hoo for us!).
But there was lots to do, what with getting him unpacked from a week of hunting and then packing for three days in Toronto.
And we had to go back into Ottawa for that funeral service by mid-day.
So essentially, yesterday was a lost day.
And by the time we got home from the funeral, John was bushed, the travel having caught up with him.
He's still sleeping now, a very unusual occurrence in this household.
Once he does get up, he'll have to get into action quite quickly because he has to deliver the dog to the kennel before we leave to catch the train.
We have to be out of here by 11:00am for that to happen.
We're heading off to Toronto to take in the Blue Jays vs the Yankees series -- it's my boys' final homestand of the season.  As it turns out, there's going to be a special ceremony honouring manager Cito Gaston on Wednesday night.  (I swear I knew nothing of that plan when I bought tickets for this series.) Then, apparently, once Joe Carter heard that I would be there, he decided that he too would make an appearance in honour of Cito!  So just like last year when I was there for my birthday, Joe will be there too!  He is too sweet.
We'll be in Sec 228, Row 9, Seats 101, 102 and 103, the same seats we had last year (best seats in the house, as far as we're concerned), so it won't be difficult for Joe to find me.
"OK ... OK,
Blue Jays, Blue Jays,
Let's play ball!"

No comments: