Friday, September 10, 2010

View from my kitchen window

So the crew arrived bright and early this morning.
I don't know how these guys do it but somehow the cement truck managed to make its way through the maze to get to the back of the house (it's a trick!).
Once there, it didn't take long to fill the six tubes.
It was noisy, but quick.
John was taking photos as well, but he was on the ground, right in their faces.  I preferred to stay in the kitchen, and snap my photos through the window, but I stepped out on the deck for this shot to get a better view of the full scene.
Then I went back into the kitchen and took more shots.
When the pouring was finished, as the crew was sighting in the job, John took advantage of the time to talk to the operator of the cement truck (with John's help this job should only cost us about 30% more than it would without his help, I figure!)
Essentially, the view now looks much like it did yesterday, but now the tubes are filled and each has a funny metal brace on top, waiting for the joists that will eventually be put in place.
We're now in hold mode again, waiting for supplies to arrive.
I'll keep you posted.

No comments: