Monday, September 6, 2010

I just want to be normal ...

Is that asking too much?
Here's the deal.
All I did on Saturday was go into the big city so my little chickadee could accompany me on a fact finding mission to help me decide what to do about flooring for my new sanctuary/grandson room.
Admittedly, it was a long day and there were many stops (getting in and out of the car), but MLC did all the driving.
I made one stop on the way home.
In fact, I had gotten so used to having a chauffeur that when I returned to my car at that one stop, I went to get into the passenger side of my car.
Oops, no driver!  I was quite amused by that.
Anyway, I arrived home none the worse for wear (I thought).
And then Sunday hit.
Yesterday I was as useless as an old dishrag.
I did nothing all day but lie around the house.
Well, nothing isn't quite right.  I emptied a closet in preparation for our construction project (it will be converted to shelving and that can happen now so I want to get moving on that).  That took about a half hour of physical exertion.
And then I napped.
Actually, I crashed.
Several times.
Slept through a good part of my ball game (which we won -- woo hoo!).
Then slept again in the early evening while I tried to watch something.
So I went to bed.
And couldn't keep my eyes open to read even a few pages.
The kicker?
I felt like I had been beaten up by a band of thugs.
Still feel that way this morning so I'll have another day of rest today.
I don't know how long it will take to recover from Saturday's outing but this is stupid, I think.
I want to be able to contribute to this project but it seems that even a slight participation takes me out of commission for -- how long?
And there's a lot more shopping has to happen yet!
Not to mention the packing/moving/unpacking of boxes that is to come (I would really like to do the packing/unpacking myself).
All I can say is ... fibro really sucks when you wanna have fun!

No comments: