Wednesday, September 15, 2010

View from my kitchen window

Oh my, what a difference a day can make.
The builder guy didn't show up yesterday morning, after all -- he had to finish another job first.
But he arrived bright and early this morning, along with an assistant, and they got right to it.
By the time I had to leave to go into the big city (went for a steroid injection in my right hip today -- woo hoo!), they were moving right along.
I have to apologize right now for the lack of  "technically" good photos that you will see on this site -- I am probably the world's worst photographer.  But this is my project so you'll have to settle for my photos -- sorry folks.  (The white "blob" to the right of the photo above is actually the pile of insulation packages waiting to be used on the project -- it is not light!).
I've also taken to moving out on the deck for most of the shots simply because I can get a better angle from there.  I will continue to take a photo from my kitchen window each day, but I find that there is better perspective achieved from the deck.
Anyway, when we returned some four hours later, it was abundantly clear that the boys had been busy:
That pile of insulation packages is now reduced to one.
By the way, that "trail" that you can see in the background is the one leading to John's beloved beaver dam; the one on which he also has a deer feeder and he keeps a trail camera hooked up to see what wildlife activity lurks there.  It's not very far down the path either.  That's where he got the shots of the bear that were posted at various times.  No telling what sights I might see when I look out the window that will be on that wall!
And these guys are no slackers.
They left the site about an hour after the above shot was taken and here is what my sanctuary/grandson room looks like now:
Since I'm calling this series, "View from my kitchen window," I guess I really should include a view from my kitchen window:
Oh, it's getting exciting now!

No comments: