Wednesday, September 8, 2010

OK, the waiting is over (on several levels)

Yes, my money has arrived (finally).
It actually appeared in my bank account late yesterday afternoon.
Oh, the joys of computers!
But, on a more exciting note, our building permit was approved so we can pick that up today and finally get started.
Our builder has another commitment for today but he has ordered the cement truck to come here tomorrow and pour concrete.
Yippee.
Now the building starts in earnest.
I'll post photos on a regular basis -- "The view from my kitchen window" -- so you can see the progress.
Gonna be major upheaval in this household for several weeks to come.
But it will be oh soooooooooooooo worth it on the other side.
Short term pain, for long term gain, as the saying goes.
In my case though, it's going to be several weeks' pain but I'm just going to have to endure.
I have such mixed emotions about this exercise because I know it's going to be brutal for me.
But, them's the breaks -- I want my sanctuary/grandson room and this is the only way I'm going to get it.  So be it.

No comments: