Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 4 of my Alone Time

Today will have to be a day of R&R.
I guess yesterday was too much running around for me because today I am totally drained.
I do have an appointment with the dietitian this morning, which I will keep of course.
But when I get back from that, I will simply sit and veg.
No energy for anything else.
Nada.
Nothing.
I am done like dinner!
I do have a funny story to tell you about yesterday though.
As you know, I've been enjoying the quiet and solitude of my alone time here.
Turns out, that has its down sides.
For instance, as I was heading down the highway yesterday, I wondered why I couldn't hear my radio as well as I usually do (I kept having to turn it to a higher volume setting than normal).  Then I realized that I had left home without my hearing aids.
You see, when you're at home and there is nobody with whom to converse, you don't need to hear.
And when you don't turn on the television, you don't need to hear.
If you don't need to hear, ....
Hence, I didn't realize I wasn't hearing properly until the task was called into play when I turned on the car radio.  By then, I wasn't about to turn back because it would have made me late for my many appointments.
So I spent a day in the city finding myself saying, many times, "Pardon?" and "Can you repeat that please?"  I expect I was talking way too loud for everyone else too.  Ooops.
I also found out that I've shrunk an inch in the past three-plus years.
That's right.  Back in January of 2007 when last I had a bone density test I was 5' 8" tall, and now I'm only 5' 7" tall!
Harumph!  Aging sucks!   (Guess I'll have to adjust my age upward from 29 -- have to work on that.)

No comments: