Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 2 of my Alone Time

Here we are, day two of my alone time and I've already figured out how to get into trouble.
Yesterday, I crashed by 6:30pm -- having been up and out of here at 4:30am.
John apparently called at 8:30pm last night but I missed the call -- I don't hear the phone when I'm sleeping.  He did say he'd call every night but ... he'll have to get to me earlier than 8:30pm if he expects to catch me awake (a fact of which he is very aware, I might add).
Anyway, needless to say, I've now been up since 3:15am -- obvioulsy slept out by then.
I tried reading for a while but decided to watch more of my canned tv programs -- it's important that I empty the hard drive of all shows quickly because it was my plan to buy the newest PVR tomorrow.
But, I've decided to go out and get it today.
That will be my "trouble" project for the day -- replacing the PVR with the newest version so that it is up and running on time for the new season premieres that are all starting this week.
I'll head out and do that soon and it shouldn't take me long to take the existing one out of its home and put the new one in.  Then I'll have to call my provider to activate the new PVR, deactivate the old one (which will be reactivated in my new sanctuary/grandson room once it's built), and enjoy all the benefits of the new technology.  Have I mentioned that I love toys?
Later today, I'll tackle the refrigerator -- it's in desperate need of a thorough cleaning.
There are a few little chores I can finish off (that I started yesterday and need to complete).
If I don't "nap" at some point today, I expect I'll hit the sack early again tonight, having been up since 3:15am (wow, I'm going to be turned around big time!).

No comments: