Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 3 of my Alone Time

So, my day two didn't pan out quite the way I had planned.
I didn't go buy the new PVR yesterday -- that will be done today on my way into the big city.
Pisses me off that companies offer incentives to new clients but bilk their long-time loyal customers, let me tell you. 
We've been subscribers to StarChoice (now Shaw) since 1998 and I've embraced the new technology as fast as they've introduced it.
When I wanted their PVR530 a few years ago, I complained to them that it was being offered to new subscribers for a better deal than I could get it as a loyal customer. They cut me a deal that ended up costing me the same as though I were a new client.  That's the way it should be.  (Isn't that the thrust of all those annoying Ally Bank ads?)
Anyway, they're doing the same thing again with the new PVR630.  New subscribers get a way better deal than I will.  So I complained yesterday. It didn't get me anywhere this time (their response indicated that they would "contact me" but I haven't heard anything).
Today, I have a very busy schedule of appointments in the big city so I'm going to bite the bullet and spring for the new unit.  Should the company contact me, I'll let them adjust my account however they see fit to make me a happy customer.
I can't put off getting the unit because I'll get too far behind in my canned shows with no time to watch them.  And if my canned shows are on the old unit, they'll be stuck there until my new room is built ...  I need to stay current with my shows.
So, I have to get the new one now and install it and have my canned shows queued up and ready to go ...
As I said, I have a busy day ahead of me today, with several stops to make en route.
My doctor ordered a bone density test for me and somehow I got an appointment within ten days of the request, so I have to go for that today.
I had hoped to lunch with my sister-in-law who just happens to work almost down the street from the lab but she is up to her eyeballs in alligators at work these days so she can't take the time to "lunch."  I'll stop in to see her briefly, but only very briefly to make an exchange of items that we've been trying to do for some time now.
After that test, I have to go to my doctor's office to have my blood pressure kit calibrated.  He wants to ensure that my home testing kit is accurate because it seems that, just as my blood sugars are not stable, nor is my blood pressure.  And that causes him concern that he wants to monitor.  Last time I was in his office, my BP was elevated, and it has remained elevated in the days since.  He previously would pay no attention to the concern I was expressing about my blood sugars -- until he saw the wonky BP numbers.  Then he decided to sit up and pay attention.  "Something just might be out of whack and I don't want to leave this too long," says he.
From there, I have to stop at a funeral parlour to pay respects to one of my late aunt's sisters (no direct relation to me, it was an aunt by marriage but our families lived very close to each other when I was a child and we spent lots of time at their home).  Last year while John was in Saskatchewan, I attended the funeral of another of her sisters (the one with whom I went to school).  I've got to stop seeing my cousins this way!
That will make for a rather long day for me so by the time I get home, I'll be bushed.

No comments: