Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 5 of my Alone Time

My Day 4 didn't quite pan out as the R&R day I had thought it would be.
First of all, my 9:00am appointment was actually a 10:00am appointment (oops) -- but everything worked out OK since the dietitian had cancelled her 9:00am client thinking she'd be late and when she arrived at 9:05am, she was very gracious about my screw-up and simpy took me ahead of schedule.
I had a few errands to run before coming home so I didn't get here until almost 11:30am and for some reason I thought I should do chores around here rather than take the R&R day that I needed.
So I started cleaning the bathroom (I've been wanting to tackle the floor in there for some time now and with John away, this is the perfect time).
Then I set about to replacing the PVR530 with the PVR630 I had bought the day before.  That went very smoothly, although I haven't yet taken the time to verify that the DVD/VCR player is working as it should (I'll take care of that little detail later today).  I'll enjoy the new features of the 630 and John will get used to yet another new remote control soon enough.
The 530 will be reactivated in my new sanctuary/grandson room when that project is complete.
Yesterday afternoon, Don the plumber came in to fix the leaky bathroom tap that has been causing me grief for, oh ... at least five years now (I had called him on Monday and asked that he please come here while John is away).  The hot water tap has been dripping and leaving an unsightly iron stain on the sink and it was tres ugly.  John has been promising to fix it but never has.  I wanted it fixed so I called in the plumber.  I also had him address the matter of a recenty-acquired filter system on our incoming water, which John has also been "doing" for way too long now (the filter needed to be replaced but with what?).  So Don brought a package of three filters, and showed me how to replace it.  Now I'll take care of it my ownself!  Money well spent let me tell you!
Today is another round-trip into the big city, this time for pysiotherapy -- my first session this month.
My physiotherapist has been away since the end of August (are they allowed to do that?) so it's been a long haul for me.  Fortunately, I've been able to have massage therapy in the interim.  And of course, this latest steroid injection has been tremendously beneficial.
After physio, I'm going to have lunch with my other daughter and her "man" -- I'll be meeting him for the first time and I'm quite looking forward to it.  I haven't seen her since I don't know when -- she moved to Vancouver way too long ago and only gets back here infrequently.  She and her man are here to attend a wedding this weekend and I'm glad they were able to fit lunch with her "other Mom" into their hectic schedule.
I'll be tired again by the time I get home, but I still have tomorrow for an R&R day.

No comments: