Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 1 of my "Alone Time"

OK, I got John off to the airport on time this morning (well, HE got himself to the airport on time, since he has to do the driving at that time of day/night/morning).
His flight was leaving at 7:00am so he wanted to be there by 5:30am to allow plenty of time to check the dog in, clear security with the guns, etc, etc, etc.
That means we had to leave home at 4:30am.
Which means we had to be up by 4:00am.
Now, that 's certainly not a problem in this household, to be sure.
Having delivered him to the airport at 5:30am, I next headed to my good friend LC's home because it is her annual duty to join me for breakfast at that ungodly hour (that's what friends are for!).
We visited at the restaurant until 8:00am and then I stopped in at my little chickadee's place for a half hour and collected many hugs from my beautiful boy before I headed home.
I made several stops en route and finally got home at 11:00am, ready to start my alone time.
Which for today will consist of catching up on the laundry, sitting and reading the newspaper, watching some of my canned TV shows, catching my boys' ballgame at 1:30pm (now that Rogers Sportsnet One is available to me), and just doing whatever suits my fancy.
Tomorrow, I'll start getting into trouble.

No comments: