Thursday, November 26, 2009

What a Difference Five Days Can Make

Can you believe it?
I can't.
On November 21st, my post here was titled, "I'm Running Out of Time" because I was hitting near panic mode about my not having done any preparations vis-a-vis the approaching festive season.
And here we are, a mere five days later, and I can sit back and wait for the season to catch me!
That's right.
In the past five days, I have:
  • Decided on a photo to use for our Christmas Card (that is a decision that is usually made in January for the following November's production);
  • reviewed, corrected and updated our recipient list so I would know how many cards to print;
  • ordered and received office supplies that would be required to complete the card project (the order arrived at my door 19 hours after I hit the "send" button -- it reallly is that "EASY").
  • printed and cut 120 Christmas cards;
  • folded 60 of those cards (have to work in batches you know);
  • hand addressed over 100 envelopes, separating them by destination (UK; USA; Canada - o/s province; w/n province; local);
  • reviewed our gift list and identified ideas for all but two names (yes, my husband is one of those names for whom I still don't have ideas);
  • placed the order for special chocolates that I bring in every year to give to special people (that order will likely arrive here today or tomorrow).
Of course, there were still household chores that needed attention during those five days.  Dishes still have to be loaded / unloaded from the dishwasher; laundry still collects; and the cleaning lady always has such interesting stories to tell.
And I had to find time to deal with my e-mail.
And I had to update my blog (my fanbase gets cranky if I'm away for too long).
So many demands, so little time.
But here we are.
Five days later.
All done.
Now I can concentrate on this site for a few more weeks before the season takes over again.

No comments: