Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm Almost DONE !

Yes I am!!!!!!!
I know, I know.
Just yesterday I was whining that I was waaaaaaaaaaay behind in my that-time-of-the-year shopping.
And here we are.
The very next day and I can honestly say, "I'm almost done!"
You see, I'm a person who makes lists.
And I've just reviewed my Christmas shopping list.
I actually have a suggestion against every name on that list with the exception of two -- ok my husband is one of those names for whom I have no gift ideas.  Some of the names have already been crossed off.
Anyway, having identified what I'm getting most everybody, my shopping is nearly done.
Because, to paraphrase the great Yogi Berra: "Shopping is 90% mental; the other half is physical."
I have to go to Ottawa tomorrow for a physiotherapy session so I will be able to make a couple of stops on my way home and will probably cross a few more names off that list.
I've also short-listed the photos I want to use for our Christmas card this year.  So by the end of the day today, that project will be well  under way and with luck, I should be printing the cards on Tuesday (I'd love to be printing tomorrow but I have to go to Ottawa tomorrow).
I figure I'll spend Wednesday addressing Christmas card envelopes (yes, I still hand-address every envelope -- if the person is worthy of receiving my card, they are worthy of my taking the time to address an envelope).
So I guess I'm on track to get my Christmas cards in the mail on time after all.
Now I'll look at the calendar and see when I'm going to schedule "putting Christmas up" which in my home does not involve decorating a Christmas tree.
Rather, I assemble a Christmas village complete with a train running through town as skaters play on the pond and shoppers rush to get home etc etc etc.  There is a "tree" at the edge of town and gifts are left "at the foot of the hills."
It allows me to indulge my love of trains ...  

No comments: