Friday, November 13, 2009

They Shoot Horses Don't They?

That's what keeps going through my mind when I try to figure out what to do next about my hips.
When I'm lying awake yet again, feeling the trobbing pain in my hips, and wishing that sleep would come.
But knowing that restful sleep is almost impossible.
Last night was worse than most.
We went out to a local establishment last night to meet some friends for dinner before attending a book launch.  We had a very enjoyable evening.  Unfortunately, it was quite drafty in the room where they held the book launch and I sat and shivered through most of the presentation -- not good for my sore musculature, especially right now since I'm still battling this fibro flare-up.  Anyway, I had a Caesar Salad and a very large glass of milk (my new white wine, as my daughter-in-law christened it the other night), followed by coffee and a mouthful of a sickeningly sweet dessert.  I guess the food didn't quite agree with me.
By the time we got home, I was experiencing mild nausea, which is something that I've started noticing the past couple of evenings (another new manifestation of ????).
So last night, I had the added joy of dealing with the nausea -- and then my gut decided to get into the act.
Between 10:30pm and 12:30am, I probably woke up four times and spent a great deal of time in the bathroom.
By 1:00am, I gave up trying to go back to sleep and I had to break down and take a Gravol to combat the nausea.
My gut decided that I should probably move into the bathroom.
So I stayed near-by.
I watched television (thank God for DVRs and canned programs).
Finally, some time around 3:30am, I slept.
And I only woke once between then and 5:45am when I got up for the day.
But I am so very tired.
"To sleep -- perchance to dream."
I keep telling John that one solution for this damned hip pain is for him to just take me out back and shoot me -- that's what they do with horses isn't it?  He says that they only do that when a horse's leg is broken.  I remind him that both my legs don't work!

No comments: