Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's a New Month ...

 Let's hope it's a better month.
I will expect it to be.
And therefore it will be.
Isn't that how it works?
Today, I'm heading up into the woods of Burnstown, Ontario to attend a small, private service to say good-bye to my cousin Deb who passed away last month.  Her ashes will be scattered in the private lake behind the home she shared with her partner of 25 years (the property is remaining with his family).  He passed away two years ago and she saved his ashes so they could be joined together in perpetuity.
Tomorrow, I will attempt to get my H1N1 flu shot at my local vaccine clinic.
It's scheduled to open at 11:00am and it's "right around the corner" from my home.
So I'll head over there at about 10:30am and get in line, maybe.
Why 10:30am?
Because our clinic is not telling us what time they will hand out number bracelets, if they are even using the number method.
And a half hour is the longest I am prepared to wait before the clinic opens.
If people show up several hours ahead of time and create a line-up beyond the numbers the one-day clinic can handle, I will simply go back home.
I cannot and will not wait in line for more than one hour (I really can't even do that long but ...)
One hour is the longest block of time to which I will submit my body to the abuse of waiting in a queue for this inoculation, because I am not prepared to pay the consequences of a longer wait.

No comments: