Sunday, November 29, 2009

Rest & Recovery Day Today

Well, yesterday was a success.
It's always fun when my little chickadee visits with her family -- loud (he's eight!) but fun.
I love to tease my beautiful boy and as he's getting older and catching on, he's able to give as good as he gets -- and that just makes it sooooo much more fun!
We had a lovely visit.
John took their "family portrait" and did the retake of my beautiful boy's Grade 3 School Photo and then I had him do an update of my three generation photo.

Bonnie with her Little Chickadee & Beautiful Boy
November 2009
I figured it was about time I had a more current photo of us.  My beautiful boy was getting a little antsy by the time we were taking these ones -- he had had just about enough of the smiling for the camera business so we were lucky to get this one!
After the photo shoot, we had "dunch" -- early dinner, late lunch -- meat loaf, corn and mashed potatoes; (ok, some of the diners -- beautiful boy included -- also had a feed of shrimp), followed by lemon cheese cake for dessert -- which was a particular hit with the little one!
I truly love these visits but they really do take a toll on me.
So today I have no choice but to take it very slow and easy.
Which is exactly what I plan to do.
Thus far today, I have poured cereal into bowls and placed them on the table and called that breakfast (works for me).
And I've taken care of my bookkeeping (which task had fallen by the wayside due to seasonal preparations so I had a few days' worth of postings to make -- and it's month-end in the Fowler household).
I folded the rest of our Christmas cards while I watched Question Period which airs at 11:00am every Sunday morning (ever the junkie, yes I still watch all the political talk shows).
Now I'll just veg for the rest of the day while I watch some of the canned shows that I've collected through the week.
They don't call them lazy Sundays for nothin' ...

No comments: