Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Health Officials Are Not Being Honest!!!!!!

There I've said it!
I'm listening to CTV News at the moment and the Ontario Minister of Health has just said that this week they are really insisting that ONLY high priority residents receive their inoculation.  She specifically said that last week if a Mom who was NOT in the priority group brought a child who WAS in the priority group, both would have received the shot.  But this week, that will not happen -- ONLY the child will get the shot.  Suggesting that the Mom would have to come back.
Now, that folks, is not entirely true!
Yesterday, I attended my local clinic.
While at the registration station, I asked certain questions.
Q:  "Are you restricting this particular clinic to residents of this community only?"
A:  "No, this is an Ontario Ministry of Health clinic, we will provide the service to anyone who lives in Ontario."  (Not an unreasonable position to take; however, Ottawa clinics were last week attempting to restrict its clinics to residents of Ottawa only.)
Q:  "You didn't ask me to prove that I'm asthmatic.  Are you not requiring that people prove their right to receive the shot today?"
A:  "No, we take you on your honour, although some people  are showing us their puffers, for example."   (Unless I have to prove that I fit a priority group, I fail to accept that there is any plausible enforcement of those priority groupings.  The family comprised of only one high priority member is surely not going to be asked to come back again -- they will all be inoculated at that initial visit.  They certainly were at my local clinic yesterday -- "how many are you today?")
The Minister of Health can spin it any way she wants.
Either the "rules" are for EVERY clinic or they are for NONE.
Priority groupings are no more being enforced this week than they were last.
If you show up and tick off the right box (and are prepared to do the requisite waiting), you'll get your shot.

No comments: