Friday, November 27, 2009

Alright, alright, I'll update ...

Please stop nagging.  I've been busy.
You see, while yesterday's post might not have sounded like a lot to have packed into five days, it was for me because I have to rest after about every 15 minutes of activity.  (I also forgot to mention that on one of those days, we entertained so I really did all that other stuff in four days, not five.)
As I finished posting yesterday's contribution, I had to rush off for my bi-weekly massage session (for which I was almost late because I didn't notice the time while I was busy posting).
My massage therapist and I spend the hour laughing -- uncontrollably -- about everything and anything.  The session is equally therapeutic for each of us; nothing gets the endorphins going like a good belly laugh.  She always tells me "thank you" when I'm leaving because, as she says, she always feels so much better after my sessions.  I guess I should be charging her for my time!
And in spite of the benefit I derive from those sessions, I still woke up this morning feeling "unrested" and my hips hurt like a bugger. 
As I came to consciousness this morning, my first thought was that I was tired.
And I realized that I was just about to start another day and I was already tired.
And then my brain received the message from my hips.
Burn ... burn ... burn ....
And then I got up (gotta make that beeline for the washroom you know).
The pain in my groin was such that I thought my legs were going to buckle right out from under me!
Luckily, there are lots of things for me to grab to help support myself en route to the washroom. 
Anyway, it didn't get any better as the day progressed.
I had some shopping that I wanted to do so I slapped on my trusty  hip brace and off we went.
By the time we got back here, I was done like dinner!
But before we had dinner, I took the time to prepare one of my famous meat loafs for tomorrow's lunch with my little chickadee and her family (my beautiful boy is going to say, "Why do you always make this for me?").  He's actually going to have frogs legs and shrimp and other yucky stuff that he likes to enjoy with his grandpa John.
They're coming over so John can take their Christmas family portrait and he will also take my beautiful boy's school photo (his Mom never likes the one that is taken at the school so John does the retake for her -- it has become a tradition of sorts).
In the morning, I'll make a lemon cheesecake dessert that my little chickadee has been anxious to try -- she keeps complaining that she's heard about it but has never tried it.
Well, tomorrow, she'll finally get to try it.
And if she reads this blog, she'll actually know before she gets here that she's in for a treat!
But now, I have to go to bed because I'm exhausticated.
And I have a very big day tomorrow.

Good night.
Sleep tight.
Don't let the bed bugs bite.
If they do,
Squeeze them tight.
So they won't bite
Tomorrow night.

No comments: