Friday, November 20, 2009

This is Just Stupid !

Here it is 1:30 in the morning and I'm unable to stay in bed another minute.
My hips are screaming at me.
I've already wakened at least four times since going to sleep at about 10:00pm.
And I took an extra pain killer before I went to bed because my hips were so bad yesterday.
Now my bowel will pay the price for my having taken that codeine.
It obviously hasn't worked in the pain relief department.
So I'm going to pay the price for naught!
Oh such fun!
As someone said to me just the other day, "This getting old business really isn't much fun."
"No, but it IS better than the alternative don't you think?"
As bad as my pain is, I do know that there are very many people much worse off, in far worse pain.
I should really count my blessings.
And I have many to count.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Sometimes when things are tough (like they are for you now), its hard to maintain an optomistic attitude. I admire your strength.

C. Bonnie Fowler said...

Thanks Christine -- I appreciate your comments and support. One must just keep on trucking :)