Saturday, April 18, 2009

This one's for you JOHN

Apparently my husband has been following this blog (what a dedicated sweetheart he is).
He approached me this morning with the following gentle suggestion, "If you're going to criticize me in your blog, please don't address me in the third person like I'm some kind of ..." (I don't actually recall the descriptive he used because I was too busy mentally digging for my retort.
"But darling, I'm trying to preserve your, your, your, your," I stammered. Another effect of "fibro fog" is difficulty finding the right word, which is most annoying for a wordsmith such as I.
"My dignity?" he offered. "I don't have any of that left since I underwent radiation therapy for prostate cancer."
We were both enjoying the giggle.
"So you want me to use your name?" I asked.
"Yes, of course, that's what I have it for," he said.
So, my darling husband, since I most certainly do not want to offend you, from this point on, when I'm telling tales that include you, I'll be sure to name you by name.
If anyone else who is following this blog recognizes themselves in the stories and would prefer to be identified by name, please do let me know. I will be only too pleased to accommodate you.

No comments: