Friday, April 17, 2009

I made it!

Well, I made it through the two days and have lived to talk about it.
  • I had a physiotherapy session, which is always beneficial.
  • I'm back to beautiful cuz I got my hair cut.
  • I saw my daughter and grandson (and managed to elicit some extra hugs from him).
  • I had a wonderfully enjoyable dinner and visit with my good friend last night. And as a bonus, her daughter (whom I call "my other daughter") happened to telephone from Maui so I got to talk to her briefly too.
  • OK, so I slept lousy -- my hips were beyond sore and for some reason the leg cramps came back with a vengeance during the night.
  • I had a ninety-minute breakfast visit with my favourite sister this morning.
  • I only had to wait 45-minutes for my 9:30am appointment with my doctor. We sat and chatted for easily a full 30 minutes. We're going to try a new approach for my hip pain, so I sure hope it works (damn, maybe we should have filled that prescription for my husband the other day!). Oh, and my lungs are working just fine, according to the lung function test they were finally able to perform. It's always good to establish that your asthma meds are working as they should.
  • I stopped in about one issue with my hearing aids (yes, folks, I'm hearing impaired too!) and found out that one of the units had a totally different issue and had to be sent in for repair. That's not such a good thing in terms of my being without it in the interim, but I had no idea it was broken!
  • I had no difficulty filling in the time while I waited for the pick-up call following my friend's day surgery. When I arrived to get her, she was almost wider awake than I. You would hardly have known that she had been under anaesthetic. The wonders of some people!

Now I'm home after two very long days, and as soon as my husband is ready (yes, it seems I'm always waiting for him, not the other way around) we are going into town to have pizza for dinner. Since I have to go in to have my new prescription filled, I figure we may as well make use of the trip. Besides, I'm on a roll. Having had dinner in a restaurant last night and breakfast in a restaurant this morning, why stop now? I will, however, be taking that very welcome massage bath as I head to bed this evening.

Til next time,

No comments: