Monday, April 13, 2009

A new day

So, here we are on day two of this new venture.
If you haven't yet read about my 30-year struggle with fibromyalgia, (in the Links section to the right), you should do that before trying to make sense of this blog; otherwise it might sound like the ramblings of a crazy lady. For those of you who don't know what fibromyalgia is, there are also some links to information about the disorder to help you understand its wide-spread ramifications.
I only woke three times during the night; standard fare for me. Once was for a visit to the washroom; the other two were to change positions. My leg cramps have gotten so bad that this time I couldn't count on my legs to help me turn over! But I had already decreased the Lyrica with my bedtime dosage last night, so the cramps should subside by at least tomorrow.
When I woke for the day today, I was in what I call my rigor-mortis state -- that is when I can't move any muscle in my body without severe pain. I can be in this state after sleeping all night, or after a 10 minute nap; it doesn't seem to matter. But when it occurs, it takes me several minutes before anything starts working without pain and it really isn't fun. I have to slowly stretch each limb and suffer the agony associated with it until eventually all my body parts co-operate. Then I slowly get up and literally shuffle along because my legs simply don't work due to the pain in my hips. Of course today, I have the leg cramps thrown into the mix so that isn't helping.
Off to start another day.

No comments: