Sunday, April 26, 2009

My new meds -- the saga continues!

So I guess my new meds aren't working worth a damn!
I have been taking it as prescribed, every 12 hours, and here is what I'm finding:
  • If I sit around home and do nothing -- and I mean do nothing -- I get maybe ten hours' relief
  • If I do very little -- and by that I mean perhaps make a meal -- I get about seven or eight hours' relief
  • If I do something a little more strenuous -- like go for groceries -- I get a whopping six hours' relief
  • If I go into Ottawa for physio and a few errands -- I never go into Ottawa for JUST physio -- I'm lucky if I get four hours' relief

So, bottom line is, as far as I'm concerned -- the new meds are not working for me. Now, it could be a matter of a wrong dosage or it could be simply that this drug is not the right one for me. Whatever the reason, all I know is my hips are causing me a great deal of agony.

Yesterday my step-son and his lady friend came over for the day to help John clean up the front yard (lots of trees drop lots of leaves and if they aren't cleared in the fall, they have to be cleared in the spring). Fortunately, we had prepared dinner in the crock pot so that was a fairly simple production; dinner cooked while the boys worked and the girls visited. But before they arrived, I decided to make a surprise dessert; a gorgeous lemon cheese cake. That involved being on my feet for a longer period of time than I guess is good for me. My hips let me know it as the day progressed and I ended up wearing my TENs machine for the rest of the day. Dessert, by the way, was a huge success. I have everyone's permission to serve it again.

No comments: