Friday, October 14, 2011

On the mend (again)

My ear is mending.
The doctor checked it yesterday, took out the plug, vacuumed it again (have I mentioned how much that hurts?), and put more drops in.  It wasn't as improved as he had hoped but it was better.
I should continue with the drops for another five days, and don't wear my hearing aid until I've finished with the drops.  I'll start to feel much better in a few days.
When I told him that I haven't really felt "bad," other than the itching and the fact that I couldn't hear, he assured me that my hearing would improve once I could wear my hearing aid again.  (You think????)
If by Monday I'm still experiencing a lot of itching though, I have to call him so he can check it again.
And oh, yes I can wash my hair, as long as I'm careful not to let the shampoo/water run into my ear.
What a delight it was to get home and jump into the shower and get my hair washed!
My massage therapist arrived right on schedule and did her thing, putting me into a completely mellow state for the rest of the day.
Today, for the first time this week, I have no commitments.
What a treat!

No comments: