Friday, October 21, 2011

I am soooooooooo pissed off

We were supposed to have our hearing tests this morning, an appointment that was made fully a year ago.
Last evening, at about 5:25pm, I picked up a message on the telephone (presumably it was left around the 4:30pm mark while I was talking to my little chickadee).
"Hello Mrs. Fowler," said the voice, "I just wanted to make sure you got the message that your appointment for tomorrow morning has been cancelled because there will be nobody here.  I can offer you something on October 31st if you want to call back."
Well, I hadn't got the message, until I picked that one up.  Not sure which other one he thought I should have received, since no other message had been left.
In any event, I was livid.
We had specifically delayed John's dermatology appointment to piggy-back it with our trip into the city today, rather than having to make a trip in just for that.
So what are we left with now?
We have to go into the city today for John to get his stitches out.
The only saving grace about making the trip is we will be coming home with my beautiful boy.  He's spending the weekend with us and we're going to enjoy every precious minute with him!
As to when we'll have our hearing tests now?  I have no idea because I can't reach anyone until Monday!  But October 31st doesn't exactly appeal to me because that is the day before November 1st when I will again have to go in for my mammogram (which I booked to coincide with my physio day!).
I'm getting really tired of the frequency with which we've been having to go to the city lately.  It's wearing me down.  Feels like I have no time to just be at home, you know?

No comments: