Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Long Day Today

Today is going to be a long one.
It's physio day, so I have to go into the big city.
But I'm also having my snow tires put on my car (yes, it's that time of the year again!).  The garage where my tires are stored called with an offer I couldn't refuse:  Book before November 1st, and the service is free.
Well, how could I resist that?
I mean, really, November 1st is next week.
And it could be snowing by then.
And frankly, the way our calendar is filling in, I might not have time to get it done if I don't "do it now," as the saying goes.
Since I'm going into the city anyway, I decided to go in early enough to allow the task to be done before my physio appointment.
But it means leaving here by 8:30am and sitting around the shop, waiting for my car, because I don't have the physical wherewithal to go anywhere (and I don't got no friends to come and take me away for the duration).
I'll take reading material, and my iPad so I can amuse myself doing puzzles (I'm between e-books at the moment).  And of course, I'll have my cell phone with me so my little chickadee will be able to phone me ...  I won't really be alone.
To be sure, I'll be ready for that physio session when I get there.
And I'll be sooooooooooooooo ready for that glass of wine when finally I get home late this afternoon.

No comments: